Automation rule triggered when an issue is created not working with bulk import?

Hayley Rodgers January 19, 2022

Hi! 

I'm trying to create lots of issues in bulk via External System Import from a CSV. I have an automation rule to automatically create particular subtasks when a particular parent is created (shown below).

Can anyone tell me why my rule isn't running? It works when I create an individual issue in jira but not when importing in bulk (it doesn't even come up in the automation rule log, ie it's not failing, it appears as though it's just not running). 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 3.01.48 pm.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hey @Hayley Rodgers 

Looks like this is a bug as recorded here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-378

Seems like while bulk upload via csv issue updates event is fired instead of issue created event, hence automation rule is not triggered.

As workaround try writing an automation with "Scheduled" on trigger for short interval period and add the condition and action.

Regards,

Vishwas

Hayley Rodgers January 19, 2022

Ah I see!

That workaround works, thanks Vishwas :)

Like John Funk likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Glad to hear it worked !!,

Please feel free to upvote , Accept answer if it solved the issue :)

0 votes
David Arturo Cruz Salinas August 23, 2022

Suggest an answer