Automation rule being disabled - instance not reachable or unlicensed

Alyssa Jones December 6, 2022

Hi all - I can't find this particular issue elsewhere but hopefully someone can provide insight.

I have two automation rules (flagging one issue when another issue is linked as blocking the first, then removing the flag once the block has been resolved). We have had these rules working successfully for 6+ months in one Jira site, but when I imported them into a new site, they are automatically disabled around 1 day later. The action details in the audit log state:

"Automation rule was disabled since your Jira instance was not reachable or unlicensed for more than 5 days."

On Monday last week, we moved from a Jira site managed under a large org to our own separate Jira instance managed by us completely. It was a straightforward cloud-to-cloud migration (I think they just did a backup of one site and loaded it into the new one).  

I have scoured the community posts and google in general for this message but I am not finding anything. Our Jira is not disabled as far as I can tell, and we have the premium plan. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Alyssa Jones and welcome to the community!

Maybe something weird with the migration.  Are you able to disable the rule and use the copy function to create a fresh version from it? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events