Automation get customfield value from all stories and display it in the Epic

Abdeladim EL AOUMARI April 16, 2021

Hello,

If I want to get the value of a customField form all subtasks and display them in the parent task I can use: {{subtasks.customfield_XX}}

Now I want to do the same thing but to get customfield value from all stories and display them in the Epic I tried {{stories.customfield_XX}} but it doesnt work...

My automation trigger is story creation, so I already branch to update the Epic

I couldn't find any documentation that explain this :(

2 answers

2 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

Hello when you use {{subtasks.customfield_XX}} the term subtask is not the name of the issueType subtasks but the element.
In the case of {{stories.customfield_XX}} it is still {{issue.customfield_XX}}, whether of the type storie, bug, etc.

You can use issue, triggerissue, etc.

0 votes
avo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hey @Abdeladim EL AOUMARI

To answer your question, this might be a good thing to look at: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Smart-values-how-to-iterate-on-an-epic-s-stories/qaq-p/1632064

I would do the lookup issues within the branch where you update the Epic (which you can access via {{issue}} as @Juan Manuel Ibarra pointed out! Good luck :)!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events