Automation for Jira: add multiple labels based on field selections

dharper January 14, 2021

Hi all, 

I've been struggling how to automate a particular request. 

When a ticket is created a label is affixed via automation i.e. Agile, Non-Agile. This is working fine however the request is to add additional labels based on Team selected in the ticket. However this is not functioning past the first selection "Video" (screenshot below)

Example: 

Agile ticket created and with the selection of teams 1 and 2 to work on it.

What in theory would be the optimal situation is that if team 1 and 2 is selected and its an Agile ticket, the labels would be "Agile", "Team 1", "Team 2". 

Our automation setup has the specific field values and an action to label the ticket if that selection is made. 

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 21.17.08.png

This works for the very first team "Video" but not the other two. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi @dharper 

Just to confirm, are you staying that the field I&B Team can contain multiple values, and that for each specific value found you want to add a label?

If so, you can restructure your rule a bit with additional If/Else conditions and add some Re-fetch.  That will slow the rule down but it should work.  For example:

• Trigger: I&B Team changes
  • Condition: If/Else field contains Video
    • Action: add the label
    • Action: Re-fetch 
    • nothing for the else clause
  • Condition: If/Else field contains CSL
    • nothing for the else clause
  • Condition: If/Else field contains Design