Automation: copy the field value and paste + append into another Multi-Text custom field

Bhavin Acharya July 15, 2021

Can someone please help me on this?

I want to copy many custom fields and paste & append into another Multi-text custom field when a field value change. Like

F1 and F2 value want to get copy and paste into F3 as "F1, F2" when F0 field got change.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi Bhavin,

You can do this with Automation for Jira. Create a Rule for when  F0 is updated).

Then add a new action for Edit Issue.

Then in the Set value for F3, put this code:

{{issue.F1}}, {{issue.F2}}

Bhavin Acharya July 15, 2021

Thanks for reply....

can you please help me how can I clear the fields through automation?

Actually I want to clear the field after copy the field's value. I tried to leave it blank but it does not work.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Can you share the rule that you have so far? 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Bhavin Acharya

on automation action "Edit issue" you should be presented (also by default) with the option "This field will be cleared".

So if you do not order anything special the field will be cleared.

grafik.png

However, I understood it not fully for your use case. Assuming you would clear F3 your work would be senseless/destroyed (as the field value gets overwritten after being filled out - probably I did just not understand the scenario) - but probably you meant to clear F1 or F2 ... or it was another use case.
The basic function works as outlined above, though.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events