Automation: Transition tickets to [To Do] when Sprint Started

Nicolai Viținschii February 20, 2024

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to setup an automation rule that move tickets to certain status when sprint starts depending on their current status. Basically I want all the tickets that are open/refined to be moved to To Do. Each time I've got

Error
The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. To run these components you must add a branch for this sprint or JQL. The following c

I've checked most popular threads this, this and this either my version of Jira missing something, or I'm missing something

This is my current setup

current setup.png

In most of the cases above, it suggest to add [For Issues in the sprint], but I only have this

for each.png

For me the way I tried to do the setup is most obvious one, apparently I'm wrong, any ideas how to fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Hi @Nicolai Viținschii 

Can you try the rule with this structure :

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 16.10.49.png "Issues un the sprint" is in the dropdown "related issues"

In your rule you apply a filter on the object "sprint" and not on issues so you have an error. You ahve to specify on wich issues you want to do something.

Regards,

JM

Hi @JM Perrot yeah, that works, replied bellow that option to scroll was not obvious in the drop down

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Nice, I'm happy for you!! No you need to do it once to know jaja

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2024

Hi @Nicolai Viținschii and welcome to the Community!

From the panel on the right in your last screenshot select Brach rule / related issues. Then, a dropdown will appear where you can scroll down to select For: issues in the sprint.

That's what you need.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Walter Buggenhout I was just about to answer, that I've found where the "Issues in the sprint" are almost immediately after I post the request and I must say it is not obvious that there is a scroll available, I've figured it out occasionally, and now the automation works.not obvious.png

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2024

It isn't obvious, that's true. But you are doing some advanced stuff there, you know! 😛

Glad it worked!

Like Nicolai Viținschii likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events