Automation Question, can I set due / start date with sprint first / last day

Max Boerma April 29, 2024

I want to create an automation that triggers when the Sprint has been added. When it's been added I want the start date to take on the first day of the sprint and the due date to be changed to the last day of the sprint. This is only relevant for user stories.

The reason being that I want this to be visible in our roadmap without needing to add start and due dates to everything. Also, when the sprint value changes it'll take on a new start and due date and it will always be up to date.

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

Hey @Max Boerma ~ you can do that!  Use the "Sprint started" trigger and use {{sprint.startDate}} and {{sprint.endDate}} smart values in your "Edit issues" action.  Here's the reference to all sprint-related smart values:  https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-development/#--sprint-- 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

I think this doesn't quite match the OP's ask.

They did not ask to update the issue dates when the sprint is started. They asked to update the issue dates when the sprint is "added", as in the Sprint field in the issue is changed to add a future or current sprint.

Suggest an answer