Automation - Payload for custom variable is too large

Cristina Carrillo May 19, 2023
Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 10.29.35 AM.png

I am running into this issue when attempting to send one email to each assignee containing all their issues not updated in the past 4 days. I originally was running the single email for each issue but it quickly filled my inbox. Is there another way to send one email to each assignee for all issues not updated past 4 days?Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 10.31.49 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Cristina Carrillo 

Why do you need the 2nd lookup inside the branch?

Took the automation from this recommendation, although the link one is for tickets due Automation rule to send single email for all issues per assignee due next week 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

But yours is different that the one in the example. You didn't include the {{distinctAssignee}} on your second lookup, thus you are not narrowing down your results and your payload is big (most likely this could be the cause).

Guess I missed that, only issue now is I am unable to validate the query like before and cannot run the rule to ensure it is working as intendedScreenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.28.45 PM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

You can't validate a JQL when there are smart values present. Just go for it!

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 1.23.00 PM.pngSame issue

krunoslav_majer October 26, 2023

Heyhey,

Any luck with this issue? I am facing the same and I am just processing roughly 40 issues with 4 fields. It worked and then it just stopped working and this issue appeared.

Olive_ Lamarr November 30, 2023

I am facing the same Payload issue.  Do we have a viable solution?

Shane Sterling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2024

Same problem

Eric Coidan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

Same Problem here as well. Only 47 issues and getting the "Payload for custom variable is too large, try reducing the amount of data stored in your custom smart variable"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events