Automation Not Loading

Rica January 11, 2021

Problem

I am trying to access the Automation feature on JIRA, but I can't seem to do so on both the system or project level.  I am the owner/admin, so I don't believe this would be a permissions issue.

In my project, when I go to Project Settings > Automation, I get an infinite loading symbol on the screen.  This doesn't happen for any other project settings.

In JIRA system settings, if I click Automation rules, I also get the infinite loading symbol.

Steps Tried

Any assistance on accessing the automation section would be most appreciated.  I mainly need it within a single project, where my understanding is that the free version should be able to freely access.  Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Wagner Pinto July 6, 2022

Having the same problem, and sometimes it works when I clean cash. But that's not a valid solution, as it continues not loading under project settings or Global Rules.

0 votes
Daniel Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi Rica,

I'm not too familiar with Cloud but I tried testing this and Automation loaded fine for me after a few seconds of the loading symbol on screen.

I noticed Classic and Next Gen projects have different URLs for accessing Automation. You can try using these direct links to access automation on your project (depending on whether you use Classic or Next Gen):

• Classic
  • https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cb-automation-project-config?project.key={projectKey}&project.id={projectID}
  • Next Gen
  • https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/{projectKey}/settings/apps/com.codebarrel.addons.automation__cb-automation-project-config

Replace projectKey with your Project Key and projectID with your Project ID. Please note these URLs might not work if Atlassian updates things in the backend.

Hopefully one of them works for you as of time of writing.

Another way I found to access Automation config page is by going to Manage Apps > All Apps > search for "Automation" > click on "Get Started". This seems to take you to the post install page where you can automate a sample project or automate an existing project.

Rica January 12, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately, the direct URLs did not work.

I tried going the Manage Apps route, and got to the post install page.  However, if I try to select an existing project, it doesn't show me my project list -- instead it just says "all projects."  If I try moving forward with all projects and click automate, the page just hangs.

If I say "automate sample project" and click automate, I get the following error: 

An unknown error occurred. Please contact Atlassian support. [object Object]

Daniel Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

That's unfortunate and definitely doesn't sound right.

You'll need to contact Atlassian Support so they can dig under the hood and see if something is stuck in your Jira instance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events