Automation - Cant move ticket into sprint (Unknown fields set during transition)

Matt Gialelis December 5, 2022

Ive been trying to get issues when created via slack with the label of `support-request` to move into the backlog of the current sprint.

By default tickets are in the backlog so the state they are in is staying the same.

I have tried to move them into different status's which works but it still fails to move the ticket into the sprint with the same error of 

Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored -

Sprint (customfield_10010)

Also in the most recent test changing the priority also failed 

I am new to using Jira's automation but this does seem slightly more complicated than id hoped sadly

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.36.43.pngScreenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.36.20.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Matt Gialelis 

Root cause of this is that on this transition you don't have screen transition with this field.

Try use 2 actions:

- first Edit issue and set priority and sprint field

- second Transition issue without setting fields during transition.

Regards,

Seba

Matt Gialelis December 5, 2022

Thanks for that, it worked straight away.

Still trying to understand how to attach a custom workflow to an old board 

0 votes
M0214104 February 1, 2023

@Sebastian Krzewiński 

I tried that way, but unfortunately still get the error:

editissue_error.JPG

The sprint is active, only one sprint (not multiple in project), the sprint field is on the regular create and edit screen.

Any idea?

best regards

Kathrin

0 votes
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hey @Matt Gialelis You can also just add this field to the screen used for the transition ( I guess for you this will be the screen used when creating an issue).

To do so, open an issue of the same type you want to create in the same project and click configure [usually down left corner of the screen] then on the issue layout page look for sentence "To add more fields, or configure field tabs for this screen, go to [here will be the link]"

Click the link and make sure the field that is missing (customfield_10010) is added on that screen. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events