Automating Jira Tickets from Slack Messages

Allison Troup June 16, 2021

does anyone have a way to automate the creation of a jira ticket from a slack message and only a slack message? no typing, no buttons.

i had an idea if a message came through in slack from a customer regarding certain keywords that the bot could pick up (Ex: problem with ____ email) and make their message a ticket with predefined parameters (Ex: medium priority, assign to automatic, etc). does anyone have any resources i could look at to get this accomplished? 

thank you :) 

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Boudier [Adaptavist]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 18, 2021

Hi Allison!

My team's just released an app called Workflow Steps for Jira, that lets you create Jira tickets from Slack with an emoji reaction on a Slack message:

https://jirasteps.app

It requires a tiny bit of setup in Slack's Workflow Builder but then it's very straightforward and convenient, we've got good feedback so far :)

Let me know if this can help?

Allison Troup June 17, 2021

thanks so much for the information!! i've looked at all of those and unfortunately they don't really match what i was looking for. i was looking to see if the jira bot for slack has a capability to recognize keywords and create a ticket from those, like slackbot can do.

Like # people like this
Jovany
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2022

did you ever find a solution?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events