Automatically assign Confluence and Jira licenses to new users

David Marcantonio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2020

We've connected our SSO to Atlassian and it works fine. It provisions and deprovisions as expected. 

The problem I'm having is, when we provision a user, we have to manually turn on Confluence and Jira for them to use. 

I've tried Googling for the answer (because it seems like something simple), but can't find the right terminology to get my answer.

So when we provision a new user, how do we automatically assign a Confluence and Jira license? It's a manual process right now which is time consuming when we have multiple new hires.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Licences are not assigned to users.

Licencing is a simple cap on the number of users.  You give the system a list of users you want to let in, which is one or more groups of people. 

Your new user needs to be added to that "can use the system" group.

David Marcantonio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2020

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events