Automatically Add Watchers from People Field in Next Gen

Tyler Johnson April 24, 2020

I am trying to build an automation that adds watchers to a ticket based on being added to a custom people field. 

Custom Field is Support Players and I set if the field changes on create or edit.

Annotation 2020-04-24 113337.png

Which should trigger an action to Add Watchers (screenshot below is me trying to use what I think is the custom field ID but it didnt work)

Annotation 2020-04-24 113338.png

I have tried many variations of referencing the Support Players field but nothing works. I keep getting an error that looks like this:

Annotation 2020-04-24 113339.png

Does anyone know how to use a People field and have those people become watchers to the tickets? Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hello @Tyler Johnson

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the Automation for Jira Cloud does not support the people field of Next-gen projects.

In fact, Jira next-gen have different custom fields from classic projects, which are treated as unique identities on each project and are not mapped in the Automation for Jira yet. We have the following feature request to make it work as intended:

Support the People field 

Please, take a look at the feature request to see when we have any updates about its fix implementation.

For now, the only possible way to configure this automation would be by using a Classic project.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events