Automatic ticket creation triggered by a release

a.moldavantsev November 26, 2020

Hi

I have a need to create tasks after each release (documentation update and delivery to prod). How can I automate this process by Jira? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @a.moldavantsev welcome on the community.

Did you try to use an Automation?

Do you need to set it up globally or only project by project?

Selection_077.png

Maybe this community forum post might help you too: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-in-Jira-Cloud-Release-Creation-Trigger/qaq-p/1460507

Thank u, Martin!

It seems that it is appropriate. But I can't find the Automation module at my Jira(

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Ok, so let's find it :) If you are on Cloud Standard, you should be able to use it.

Selection_083.png

Thank u so much! It's working!

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

@a.moldavantsev  Great!!! happy to help :)

0 votes
Nikita Rao December 9, 2022

Hello I have a similar question. Where I need to automatically create a ticket when a version is released, but also need the released version in the summary of the ticket. How can I accomplish this? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events