Automatic status change when task is added to sprint

Bérengère_Alart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2018

When adding an item from the backlog to a sprint, within the backlog page on a scrum board, I wish for the status to change the status of the task from "Backlog" to "Ready to dev"

1 answer

0 votes
Wouter Bruinings
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hi Berengere, 

The technical answer to your question is to use a plugin like PowerScripts or ScriptRunner, which allow you to automate such activities.

A functional question I'd like to ask: Do you really need a specific status to indicate that your ticket is ready for development? 

We always try to keep our workflows as lean as possible. When a Story is in a sprint, it shows on the Active Sprint board. That in itself indicates that a Story is ready to be picked up. A ticket in an Intake-like status that is in an active Sprint, is naturally "ready for development". 

Hope this helped. 

Kind regards, 

Wouter

Suggest an answer