Automate to unrelease a issue's version if the version is released

Hotae Kim August 18, 2022

Dear community,

is there any way to make automation to unrelease a issue's version if the version is released?

Maybe trigger can be whenever issue is updated - but I don't know what to write down in 'Unrelease version' in 'Then' section.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Hello @Hotae Kim 

Welcome to the community.

There is an action to change a Version to Unrealeased. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.55.38 AM.png

I don't think I completely understand your question. I'm not sure how to provide more advice on solving your problem. Can you provide more information about your scenario?

Hotae Kim August 18, 2022

I want to automatically unrelease version when an user add issue's fix version which is released. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Hotae Kim 

Can you describe the problem you are trying to solve by taking this action?

Does the following accurately describe the scenario?

1. When the Fix Version field of an issue is updated
  2. If the Version added is for a Version that has been Released
  3. Then change that Version to be Unreleased
Hotae Kim August 21, 2022

Dear Trudy,

I want released versions only contain issue which status is 'Done'.

So when an issue which status is not 'Done' added in a released version, I want to change that version as unreleased version so I can tract it on the dashboard widget.

So the scenario which you have described is exactly accurate.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2022

My previous description is not accurate based on your feedback. This would be accurate

1. When the Fix Version field of an issue is updated
  2. If the Version added is for a Version that has been Released
  3. And If the status of the issue is not a status in the "Done" status category
  4. Then change that Version to be Unreleased

This is not going to be a simple Automation Rule to create, and I will not be able to spend time on it in the next few days. To get attention on your request from other community members, I suggest that you start a new post in this community and provide the description of your scenario as I described it above. If you start a new post, please add a link to that new post in this post.

Like Hotae Kim likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events