Attatchment is not appeared for some users

Sanaz Hosseinzadeh August 14, 2022

Hi,

Attathment is not appeared for some users and they can not see the attatchment field unless they edit the task! Can anyone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Jira Cloud does not selectively hide fields from people.  If you can see an issue, you can see all of it, attachments included.

Could you show us an issue where some people can see attachments and some can not?  What does "can't see attachment" look like?

Thanks for your response,

We use Jira data center. I attatched two screenshots : the first one is for a user that did not see attatchment and the second one is for me as jira admin.  If this user edits the task, Attachment would appear.

image_2022_08_14T10_51_28_545Z.png

2022-08-14_15-26-06.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Ok, that means you have an app or script (or possibly a browser problem) that is coded to hide the attachments from some users.

Jira does have some attachment control - you can tell it that only certain people can attach things and/or delete them.  If there are attachments, they will be shown to the users unless something else gets in the way.

What can I do to resolve this problem? Besides our staffs, Our customers have this problem too and we really do not know how to explain the reason.  Should I install any attatchment plugin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2022

Actually, the opposite - you probably want to remove the app that is breaking the view for you.

First, I would want to look at the difference between a user who does get the attachments and those who do not.  What are their groups, roles and application access levels?  Is there a membership that makes the section appear?

Then I'd look through your app list to see if there is anything in there that might be doing it  (and turn it off)

I am the jira admin and I can see the attatchment. others are normal users of jira. In Permission scheme they can add attathment or delete their own attachments. I can see all tasks in jira but they should be reporter, assignee or watcher in a task to see it. I attached the permissin schem screenshot and the screenshot of apps which we have about attatchment.

I want to mention a point that I undrestood yesterday, I make one of the normal users as jira admin and asked him to refresh the page which the attatchment was not appeared, when I make him jira admin, he could see the attatchment!
I check all jira settings and I can not find anything about it.

2022-08-15_9-16-01-permission.png

2022-08-15_9-20-40-plugin.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

As I said, Jiraes not have any functionality built in that can hide the attachments area, so it must be being done with an app.  I'm even more sure of that now that you can see it is being controlled by role or group.

Check all of your user-installed apps to see if any of them provide this function.

Sanaz Hosseinzadeh August 20, 2022

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events