Attach Quick-Add button missing

Matt Sywulak March 23, 2020

At the top of the new issue view there used to be an attach quick-add button. It seems to have disappeared on me and I can't seem to find it. I looked through all the screens in use and attachment is still on them so not sure what I did or how to fix it. The link below shows that it should be there but there isn't any useful information on those pages to remove/add that button back. 

image.png

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-files-images-and-other-content-to-describe-an-issue/

3 answers

0 votes
BostjanR May 18, 2021

I am not sure that it is related but on Jira Server (on-prem) we have the same problem but we noticed that the attachment icon is missing in Description toolbar only if we hit "create" button while viewing Jira boards or dashboards.

If we use "Create" while viewing one ticket, the attachment icon is there ;)

So you can maybe try this also on cloud version to confirm that the problem is the same?

0 votes
Jared Burr June 3, 2020

I have the exact same issue, and the only solution I have found is to revert the view to the old view. They removed the "Edit" button too for some reason on this new view. I have given "feedback" many times now over the deficiencies of the new view, but they have never reached back out to me to ask about it (even though I have agreed to being contacted when submitting feedback).

0 votes
Fabien Couton March 24, 2020

Hello, same issue.

But I understood that the "attach" button has been remove from the new issue viwe by Atlassian.

Cf https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8576?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=1c4ef38b-d93c-4e26-bdff-98f4209be22a

Can someone confirmed ?

Thanks

Liz Bedwell July 8, 2020

I have recently come across this same issue. I have 2 Software Projects with very different behaviours:

• Project A doesn't have the Attachment field on the Issue Screen (Create, Edit, View) but the attachment button is available when Creating/Editing.
  • Project B also doesn't have the Attachment Field on the Screen being used for (Create, Edit, View) and the Attachment icon is missing on Create only.

When I added the Attachment Field to the Screen for Project B the Attachment icon returned to the top of the Description field when creating a new ticket.

This is very odd behaviour as both projects are set up the same and share a Field Config Scheme, yet they are getting different options. Which is concerning when there are supposed to be fields that are default as standard across all Jira Projects to avoid this exact type of behaviour.

This has only started happening in the last week after a recent apparent update from Atlassian as we have had messages noting that things have been added to our Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer