Associate two custom fields?

Carlos Nunes March 27, 2019

It´s possivble associate two custom fields?

example:

I would like to be able to start from a custom fields select simple list to associate or concatenate the options and depending on the option show items of a checkbox.

3 answers

0 votes
Carlos Nunes March 28, 2019

thanks for your reply,

The first option I did not understand.

Regarding the second option that is the problem, I can use a Select List (cascading) but I want it to be multi select the second option.

Example:

optionA: 1, 2, 3
optionB: 4, 5, 6

when I choose the optionB I would like to select for example 4 and 5.
that is the problem, I do not pretend one option, but two.

:(

0 votes
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

@Carlos Nunes 
If you will use insight objects for this custom field -> you can use Insight Referenced Object (single)' Field.
or if you want simple list which contains few elements you can use Select List (cascading)

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

@Carlos Nunes 
You can use Insight Custom Field and Insight Referenced Objects (multiple)

1.PNG

Thanks again for answering
Thanks for your help.

but I do not see that custom field.
Is it available for all Jira versions?
I have the 7.13.

I do not see this "Insight Referenced Objects"anywhere.

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2019

@Carlos Nunes

Please check insight plugin(If you have this plugin you can use its custom-fields):
1.Go to add-ons:
1.PNG

2.Then check insight plugin:
2.PNG

Like Carlos Nunes likes this

the complement is called Insight - Asset Management

for what I see is pay.
and by the number of users will be somewhat expensive. I'll see if I find another alternative.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Like Jamil Rahimov likes this
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2019

With my pleasure :)
You can ask anytime.

I will keep trying.
I'm close to getting it.

http://prntscr.com/n43x4h

Like Jamil Rahimov likes this
0 votes
EwaBo March 27, 2019

That would be nice! The only related field I know is cascading select list. You might try this one, but it will be great to have dependent fields in JIRA.

Thanks, Ewa

Suggest an answer