Assignee field not visible on Create

Hagen Mezger April 3, 2018

In my project, the assignee field is not visible in create mask.

But if I try "where is my field" (all fields enabled, but it is not even in the list) is states it should be visible, because it is on the screen, not hidden in field definition (in fact it is even required) and i have the assign issue permission.

Any ideas, why the assignee is still not visible? Is it possilble, that there are properties set at this stage (where)? As far as i understand jira, because the issue is not even existing at this point (I just opened the create mask) no properties can be interfering, isn't it?

3 answers

0 votes
Alex B August 29, 2019

I don't know if you will see this or whether this could be causing the issue. But I am having a similar issue with a project where I have confirmed the assignee is a field in the screen but isn't visible when creating a ticket.

I suspect the issue is because the project has a default assignee, which might hide the assignee field for the project. Could that be the case?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

What do you mean by "create mask"? You mean you can not see the field on the Create screen?

If so, kindly check that your user has the assign issues permission in the project permission scheme.

Yes, I can't see the field on the create screen. And Yes i have the assign issue permission and the field is at the screen too. (see my initial post)

0 votes
Christopher Jaksch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Hi @Hagen Mezger,

1. can you edit the assignee after you've created the issue?
  2. are you using different screens for Create, View and Edit in your JIRA project?

Cheers
Chris (STAGIL)

1. No. But there are properties in place which are modifying the edit permission at the state after create. But this is OK and intended.

2. Yes, there is a separate create screen which is containing the field.

Christopher Jaksch
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2018

Hi @Hagen Mezger,

can you please check if there are duplicate customfields 'assignee' and you are using the wrong one?

It may sounds silly but could be possible.

Otherwise it's hard to find the problem without seeing your JIRA app.

Best
Chris

Jose Suarez April 27, 2023

Hi, I have similar issue,  I'm working on Jira ITSM and on Create Issue view dont appear the Assignee but appeaar after the ticket is created, some reason why? I did edit the screen view and it appear but with the label "hidden" just beside the filed on the Edit  view... 

Suggest an answer