As owner of JIRA cloud I can't install plugin

kwasielew February 9, 2021

Hi,

I've set up JIRA cloud where I am obviously an administrator.

I created a board etc. and I am an admin there.

But I can't install any plugin. I go to 'Apps" ⇾ 'Find new apps' - JIRA says that "You do not have access to Jira settings or Atlassian admin, contact your Jira admin to grant you access.".

I am a little confused because I set this workspace by myself.

Is it restricted that on free plan there is no system administrator permissions?

Do you guys have an idea how to get these permissions on my own workspace?
Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

You throw the word "obviously" around a lot.

Did you set up the system or just a project? Cloud has multiple levels of admins so are you a site admin/organization admin/trusted user/..

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Try going first to the administration page and then install the add-on. 

This might help!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Problem-with-installing-add-ons-on-Jira-Cloud-due-to-admin/qaq-p/856173

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thanks for the quick answer.
Im just wondering what is the link of  'go to settings within your application', where can I find it? 
I understood it this way - I should go to settings of my already created JIRA project and try to install apps directly from there. So do I, but when I click from there I still can't install any plugin.

What I'm doing wrong?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

The way I'm saying is as follows

Apps.png

Thanks, the problem is that I even don't have access to these settings.

jira.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

FYI, you'll have "Find new apps" section.

Find new apps.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

I guess you'll have to request access with Jira admin for admin rights.

kotenko_d_job February 3, 2022

have the same problem. Just create new project and cant use any plugin. "Contact your administrator"  everywhere. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR! Who should i connect? Why it should be so difficult? Whats the reason? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events