Archiving Projects

Aline Lin January 3, 2021

I don't see the options to archive a Project. I only see "Move to Trash" and "Project Settings"

My settings show that I have access as a jira-administrator and site admin.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sun Jian
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

For server version, you can use the plugin "Project Archiver for JIRA“ to archive the projects easily.

If no using the plugin, you can config the project access rights to simulate the archive function.

Thank you - unfortunately we are on the cloud version

Like Nora Ligorria likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Project archiving only exists for premium subscribers (you have said you are on standard in the tags).  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.html for more

Thanks - I would have thought that would be standard functionality. I'm surprised that they don't include that for everyone.

Like # people like this
Nora Ligorria August 22, 2022

But the link shared by @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , corresponds to moving a project to the trash and not archiving it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

Not my fault Atlassian have rearranged their docs

5 votes
Beki Liford February 2, 2021

The worst part about this is that my Jira cloud  has an "archived projects" section, but not the ability to archive a project. Infuriating.

Richard Wilson March 9, 2021

I couldn't agree with you more. Very infuriating!

Like # people like this
Carr Oduro May 18, 2021

I wonder why Archiving is considered a Premium function?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Abhijit Kshirsagar February 15, 2023

Why does Archiving need to be a premium function? Just to annoy users who are paying for standard into buying premium?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events