Archive a project or issue

Lily Tsoiasue January 18, 2021

I believe I am an administrator for our Jira. When I try to move a project, it only allows "Move to Trash" or "Project Settings" -  archiving a project does not appear as an option for me. I do not wish for some of our projects to delete after 60 days and I see the Archive section on the left hand side of my Jira but do not see an option to move the projects into Archive.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi Lily - The Archive a project function is only available for Jira Premium subscriptions. If you want to keep it but not be able to use it (archive it more or less), then create a permission scheme that has no permission for Create Issue in the scheme and attach it to the project. 

Lily Tsoiasue January 18, 2021

Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
Mara Finkelstein June 29, 2021

I have the same issue but am already on premium.... Any advice?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Hi Mara - if you are on Premium, you should be able to go to the list of projects, then search for the project you would like to archive.

Finally, click the 3 dots on the right side and select Archive. 

I do not have an issues for archiving projects only issues.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

You don't really archive issues. What is it that you are actually trying to accomplish? 

I am trying to archive issues that were created, never addressed and are no longer relevant or will not be addressed in the foreseeable future. I don't feel comfortable deleting them. Marking them as complete is incorrect.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

You should just create a Done status category status called Discarded or Aborted or something like that. Then you can move those cards to that status. 

Like Mara Finkelstein likes this
Brooklyn Stanley February 1, 2022

Is there really no movement to put an archive feature into the standard version? 

Looking at the differences between standard and premium, archiving is literally the only feature my company would use, but it's double the price. I hate feeling like the software I'm using is trying to manipulate me into purchasing higher packages than I truly need just to get features that should be standard. 

-- and developing a permission scheme is hardly a solution. It's a work around at best, and a tedious one at that.

Like Lydia Yeager likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events