Any idea why the Email Requests page is not loading?

Alexandru Margarit December 7, 2021

I am using a google account for email requests.

After a wile it stopped working and I started to investigate what could be the cause.

While many how to will guide me through Project Settings > Email Requests, I am not able to load that page anymore.

Tried to remove the Third-party app with account access from my gmail. Hoped it will reset something and let me load the page but still nothing. Any idea what can I do to fix this?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Alexandru Margarit 

I took a closer look at this site and I think I have found the problem here.  Jira Service Management (JSM) on this site is showing that product as having been in an evaluation that expired, and then was removed from the site.

Your site is unable to load this page because your account does not have a current JSM license.  Even though there is a valid Jira Software free plan license here, that is insufficient for this project type (service). 

In order to correct this, you need to go back into the admin.atlassian.com page for your cloud site, and then go to Billing > your site name.  This should lead you to the Manage Subscriptions page.  We need to add back JSM as an active product here.  You should be able to choose the Free plan here at the very least just to get this page to work.  Once this is done, then that should be all that is needed to resolve this, since your account was likely already a member of the jira-servicedesk-users group that grants access to that product.

Removing an app like JSM doesn't remove your data, but it will restrict your ability to use JSM specific features on the site such as the JSM mail handler settings.

Try that and let us know if this helps.

Andy

Alexandru Margarit December 17, 2021

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

Yes, this solved my issue. Somehow I had 4 agents instead of 3 that is the maximum on free plan. Fixed that and now everything is fine.

Still would be nice to have a popup or some error message that will guide us when something similar will happen. The JSM was deactivated and from the linked project (that's Support in my case) on the Project Settings > Email requests the only visible thing was just a spinner that was loading and loading... Maybe something more suggestive will help users like me to handle themself such situations.

P.S. Is there any way to see some logs with things that happen automatically on my cloud site?

Thank you very much for your response and have a great weekend.

Alex M.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events