Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Allow some users to create projects without seeing another project than their own

Hi!

I'm sorry if I missed an existing topic.
I'm managing a Project Manager team and everybody uses the same platform, many projects was created last 2 years and I want to grant access to some PM but: 
There are some "confidential" projects and I would like to know if I can allow some users to create projects without giving access to all of my project wallet.
In a perfect world, I want that each PM can create and manage (See) only their own projects or project that I chose to show.
Thank you for your help! 

BR.

2 answers

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Only administrators can create projects in Jira Server and DC, and you do NOT want to be letting any of your untrained people have those rights.

You can do the "only see some projects" though.  Your administrators can use permission schemes to determine who can see a project.

Is there any way to give the only right to create projects ? 
Without  all others admin rights ?

of course I don’t want to give administration roles to everybody, but I can’t handle the project creation flow .. (about 10/ week) and this lonely task could be a really good breath to me …

I'm using the server way, not the cloud one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,614 views 37 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you