I have users that are allowed to view all issues and comment on them.
I would also like to give them opportunity to use drag&drop in backlog view to change issue rank.
Meanwhile I don't want to permit them issue modification (lie description or title) - just ability to change rank.
How to achieve this?
Unfortunately this is not the only thing. Yes - it allows to modify rank and change sprint value. But to change rank `Edit Issue` permission must be also granted. Otherwise drag&drop will not work.
Problem: granting both will allow user to change:
* and more
So this is kind of stupid - to schedule issues user has to have permission to freely edit everything in issue.
Is there any way to do that?
Well, this gets into the fact that there is no field level security in Jira Cloud. So the only route to go is based on what Kagithala alludes to below. But here is some more detail.
1. Create a new Transition Screen that has the fields you want people to update.
2. Create a looping Transition on each status in your workflow. (A transition that goes from the status back to the same status).
3. Add the Transition Screen to each new looping Transition in the workflow created in step 2.
4. Add a condition to each of those looping Transitions that only allows certain people to perform the transition.
The end result of that is that only certain people can update the fields. But they must click on the transition to get the transition screen to update any of the fields.
It's very clunky, but it achieves what you are looking for - I think. The question is whether you want to inconvenience all of the other users with Edit permissions to do that.
Please, to not miss any potential chance for the future, please do vote for the Suggestion over here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-6887 ("Specific permission to "Rank issue").
This excerpts the idea to have a split permission just for ranking issues.
Please, also if the description deviates in details add your concerns to the issue - your requirement is well understood from here, I believe you can copy over parts from here to the Suggestion.
Hi @Michał Fastyn ,
For restricting " Description" and others you have two options
1.Deleting those fields from Edit Screen ( This will impact all users, including Project admins)
2. Edit Issue (Permission) --> You can add only specified users / roles to edit issues. other users can't edit issues.
To Enable Ranking --(Schedule issue permission) need to enable for all users.
Note: If Users have this Schedule issue permission , they can able to add issues to Sprints.
Thank you for your answer. Please see my answer above.
1. I can't remove all fields. Just by entering issue you can click any item to change its value. If edit issue is granted user can change a lot of things. I just want to allow ability to change rank. Nothing more.
2. Granting ONLY `Schedule issue permission` is not working. Seems `Edit issue` is required same time.
Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events