After import users can't access jira software and I can add users anymore

Alexandre MAO November 24, 2020

I'm currently trying the Jira software product but we are encountering an issue that prevent us from using it.

We were using Jira from an other company Jira as a test, and we wanted to implemented it for our company. We look into what can be done to transfer a project from one Jira to an other one, but the module that we found on internet recommended by Atlasssian was not available on the marketplace.

We them follow some people saying that backing up a current Jira, and importing the Jira to the new one was one solution to get the project on the new one and delete everything.
The importation of the other Jira did not worked, so we reimported the backup of our Jira to try to get back to what we set on it. But now only the administrator can use Jira software, all the developers are send to help desk software. And there is no way to add a new user.

So currently it is impossible to use Jira software for the team. Is there a possibility to "restart" or reset everything to solve it ?

Thanks for you help,
Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Julian G November 24, 2020

Double check the Product Access section within your admin area to understand if the standard group  "jira-software-users" has been removed from the Jira Software section

Accessing Product Access:

1. Click the cog (gear) icon in the upper right corner
  2. Go to user management
  3. Go to the Product Access section on the left hand nav
  4. Review the groups under the Jira Software section
Alexandre MAO November 25, 2020

Hi Julian, thanks for your answer, I can modify the product access, or add new user.
Could not set the group default, ...

The bug is happened after the import. Is there a possibility to restart or reset everything ?

Cheers,
Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events