Advanded formatting / macro {panel} does not work

Jérome Sicart November 19, 2020

Hi, 

Text formating, Headings, Line break and so on work fine in the description field of my tickets when I use the notations given in the text formatting notation help of Jira.

However, when I use the customizable {panel} macro, it does not work at all.

I try to use a template for acceptance criterias such as the one below:

{panel:title=S1. Title}

Given

When

*S1.1* 

Then 

*S1.2*

Then 

{panel}

Once I save the description field, I see the notation above but it does not render anything.

Any idea? Btw, all my parameters look fine and the description fields use wiki renderer.

Thx

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hello @Jérome Sicart ,

The location you are entering the panel macro using Wiki Markup language is more than likely using the New Issue View, and Jira Cloud is moving away from the tinyMCE text editor that supported the Wiki markup language and the New editor in Jira no longer uses wiki markup, and instead is using markdown now, some additional details can be seen in the Status Update in the Closed out as "Won't fix" feature request to add markup back to the new editor viewable at the link below, specifically noting the comment about standardizing all text input options across the Atlassian suite of products:

The second theme is wiki markup generally. To be transparent, we are closing this issue as we have no plans to support wiki markup in the new editor and new issue view. We're supporting markdown across Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket Cloud to provide a more modern and consistent editing experience. For anyone using multiple Atlassian products, we believe this will provide the best editing experience.

Also, a note that the New issue view can be disabled in classic projects at the moment by navigating to your personal settings and disabling the feature under the Atlassian Labs features section, however, it currently cannot be disabled for Next-Gen Projects which are set to the new issue view only, and all classic projects will be switching to the new editor as well soon noting:

From Mar 31, 2021, we’ll be moving all users on the old issue view in Jira Cloud products (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Core) to the new issue view — which means you won’t be able to switch back to the old view anymore. For key dates, what’s next, and more details, check out our official announcement.

To add in a panel in the new editor, you type a forward slash "/" to bring up the formatting and macro insert options menu and type the word "panel" to initiate your search, and this will list out the available panel options in the dropdown, that can be inserted like this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 2.00.37 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders