Advanced Roadmaps - inherit labels in hierarchy

Miroslav Kralik April 1, 2021

Hello, 

we started using Advanced Roadmaps and I am trying to setup a view to see quarter deliverables for which I am currently using labels. So I have a Plan View grouped by labels (Q1, 2021; Q2, 2021; ...). The issue is that all issues in the entire hierarchy must have those labels in order to see them in the plan and I did not find any way to automatically inherit them from certain hierarchy level. 

My hierarchy is: 

- Objective

- Key Result (I set the labels on this level, ie. defining that specific key result will be achieved in Q1..)

- Epic

- Story

- Sub-task

How do I propagate that label down into Epics, Stories and Sub-tasks? I was thinking about using ScriptRunner to automate it (not sure how yet and what would be the best approach), but also dont want to trigger the script for 2000 projects that we have when this functionality will be needed only for smaller subset. 

Thank you for any hints. 

Miroslav

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Do you have the "Automation for JIRA" app?

With it you could create automation rules triggered on creation of an issue, to pull the Labels value from the parent issue. And you can set the rules to be applicable to individual projects.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira-server?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer