Advanced Roadmaps - Have we lost the ability to create program plans?

Andrew Kidd October 6, 2020

Hi ... 

The ability to create programs (or a plan of plans) was there, but now it's not.  Has it been dropped?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hello @Andrew Kidd ,

The Programs Feature in Advanced Roadmaps is currently only available in the Jira Server deployments, and it looks like you are on a Jira Cloud deployment currently. 

We have the following feature request tracking interest in this for the cloud version at the following link, make sure to add your vote to help us track interest and prioritize development for a cloud version as covered in the Implementation of New Features Policy :

Did you recently migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud?

Regards,
Earl

Andrew Kidd October 7, 2020

Hi Earl ... 

I recently paid for and took the Atlassian training "Planning with Advanced Roadmaps (previously Portfolio)", and the lab clearly has this feature.  I'm pretty sure that there's no reference to this being a "server-only" option.

Like Marina Vafaei likes this

Forgot to say that I'm using Cloud, whereas my client is using Server on-prem.

I took the training to get familiar with the tool.

Just checked the ticket link you shared.  Sadly, the comments date back to 2017, so I'm guessing this won't arrive on Cloud any time soon.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2020

Hi @Andrew Kidd ,

Thanks for the follow-up and feedback.

I checked out the Atlassian University course you listed "Planning with Advanced Roadmaps (previously Portfolio)" and it does have a mention on the landing page about the platform used in the course:

Course description

This course applies to Jira Server/Data Center customers only (not Cloud).

But as you noted once signed up and getting into the course it does not indicate what platform is in use, I passed the info along to the University team for a future version.

Regards,
Earl

Like Andrew Kidd likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events