Admin permission

Ben Goh January 11, 2021

Dear Jira support,

I created this free single user Jira account to track my projects activities, I am definitely the admin for my Jira account, but I keep getting the permission issue below when trying to do administrative activities to achieve my old projects.

Please help.

Ben Goh

Error message below:

You need permission

Request access from your administrator.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I think you've said "achieve" when you mean "archive".

The free plan does not enable project archiving, that's why you don't have permission.

Ben Goh January 11, 2021

Noted, thanks for reply 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hello @Ben Goh Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What are the permissions of the old projects where you are trying to do activities? You need to check the permissions of your old projects.

You can go to project->project setting->permissions

Ben Goh January 11, 2021

Hi Monika

I have got an old project that is completed, and now I want to move it to project achieve for future reference. 

But achieving old projects mean I need to have admin access, but it is strange that I do not have admin access to all access to Jira.

I also cannot find the project permission that you mentioned in your reply above, can you check into my account setting? thanks.

Ben 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi Ben - I believe archiving projects is only available with the Jira Premium subscription. 

Like Ben Goh likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2022

Same answer - talk to your admins about being added as another admin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events