Adding mandatory approvers

jakubpietrzykowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Hi,

Quick question. I would like to have formal approves before the release. I don't want to approve every single task/issue but whole release. When DEV, QA, PO will mark it as approved- release will be ready. If not- release option won't be available.

Right now I've added Approves field as an open list and it's fine- I just want to make this field mandatory.

Second Question: Right now I have only Unreleased/Released/Archived statuses for releases. How to add another one, like Review?

Thanks for answer

2024-02-20_14h07_40.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @jakubpietrzykowski and welcome to the Community!

The whole release hub has been undergoing major changes over the last year or so. You can read more about those in this Community article, where you'll also see that the approvers feature was not there yet at the time of writing. Today, it is present on screen, but more for tracking and tracing reasons than blocking anything. 

The release statuses are not customisable. They are built into the out-of the box feature set of Jira and enable certain automation rules, how versions are displayed in custom fields, etc.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer