Adding attachments is not supported for this screen.

Sal July 31, 2022

Hello,

We have recently upgraded jira software from 8.13.14 to 8.13.24 version and now we are getting "Adding attachments is not supported for this screen." when pasting screenshots.

When I click on "Attach screenshot" from "More" it open new whole page instead of pop-up window and unable paste screenshot there as well.

I have checked the permissions and Attachment settings and they looks good. Any idea on this?

image.png

image.png

BR,

Salvinder

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2022

Hi @Sal , I suggest submitting a support request with Atlassian for this issue.

0 votes
Sergey Opypey January 12, 2023

Hi everyone

Check if there is Attachment field on your screen (edit/create), where you try to add attach.
Скриншот 12-01-2023 150527.png

0 votes
Clemens Kleibusch August 2, 2022

Hi!

I just faced the same problem in jira 8.22.6.

BR, Clemens

Sal August 3, 2022

@Clemens Kleibusch This issue is caused by Jira Drag and Drop Attachment Plugin. Could you check the if you have the correct version of the this plugin installed?

Sal August 3, 2022

We had to downgrade Jira Drag and Drop Attachment Plugin to 5.0.9 for Jira software 8.13.24.

Clemens Kleibusch August 3, 2022

Hi @sal we have Jira Drag and Drop Attachment Plugin Version: 5.2.0
I can only reproduce this problem in a workflow transition popup!

With the issue editor I can drag&drop a screenshot directly or via "Attach screenshot" from "More" I get the "normal" popup: All that works.

How can (a sys-admin - not me) downgrade a sys-app?
I have no glue and I expecct my sys-admin, too ;)

Sal August 16, 2022

Hi @Clemens Kleibusch, You will find a .jar file named "jira-dnd-attachment-plugin-5.2.0.jar" and you can find it in <jira-install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins.

Here you can find the old versions -- https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jira-drag-drop-attachments-plugin/src/jira-dnd-attachment-parent-5.0.9/

BR,

Clemens Kleibusch September 7, 2022

Hi @Sal , thanks a lot for the information!

Hope to find it when I need it again.

BR, Clemens

Suggest an answer