Adding a Resolution Screen back after workflow changes

Liz Medsker November 18, 2020

We have a large "Master" project that contains several other smaller projects we track. In moving from a Scrum to Kanban method for our project's main board, we decided to make some workflow changes, as it needed simplifying.

Our previous work flow had a lot of specifics we wanted to get rid of, so for the time being, the new workflow was set so all statuses would "Allow all" to transition to them. In revamping this workflow, I've lost our "Resolution Screen" pop up that is prompted any time we close/resolve an issue.

This is the first time I'm getting deep into workflow and screen schemes and I feel a little lost on where to start to correct this. Is it that I'm looking to add a "Workflow Scheme" that specifies a pop up a will appear when an issue is closed or resolved? And do we require a specific transition (e.g. Testing to Complete) in order to tie those behaviors back into our project?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Hi @Liz Medsker ,

Great you are in the right place already with this:

I think in look at workflows I may have already found the fix. It looks like if I go to add a "transition" within the work flow, I'm prompted for a "Screen" to add.

Should this be all I need?

That is indeed the place where you add the screen to appear at your transition. Just one more thing: when resolving/closing an issue, make sure to also add a Validator to make sure Resolution is treated as a required field. 

Okay great, thank you!! I'm seeing where - once I have a specific transition selected in the workflow - I should be able to change that. Appreciate the tip! :)

image.png

0 votes

I think, in looking at our workflow, I may have already found the fix. It looks like if I go to add a "transition" within the work flow, I'm prompted for a "Screen" to add.

Now I just have to do my previous fighting with workflow drafts to make the changes. :)

Bastian Wedler November 18, 2020

Hi Liz,

yes you are right. The Resolve Screen is typically a transition screen which is connected to the transition by setting it as screen in the worfklow editor. A similar screens could be for example a comment screen, which is just an empty screen connected to the transition.

You can switch screens by editing your transition and selecting another screen. If you add the resolution field to a screen it's automatically a required field.

Regards

Bastian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events