Added Columns not showing in Kanban board.

Sinead Power March 14, 2018

Kanban columns default to 1. To Do, In progress & done. I wanted to add 2 more columns - sign-off & documentaion. I added these successfully in configuration. However when i go back to board these are not showing for me? I dont know why these wont actually show on the kanban board itself. I am the board admin. All help appriciated. Thank you.

3 answers

5 votes
Sinead Power March 15, 2018

Thanks for answers :)

1. I dont seem to be able to create new a status?

2. I re-mapped some current statues to my new columns just to get them to show. now they show but I cant move anything into these columns?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sinead

RNV March 15, 2018

Hi @Sinead Power

Check the transition between the states of the columns (Validations and conditions)

Like Robin Hill likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

1. To create new status, you need to be

• An admin (edit the workflow to add status)
  • On a board where an admin has "simplified" the workflow (board -> columns -> add status)
  • On a recent version of Jira Server (7.5+ if memory serves) and with project admin permission to change the workflow

2. If you can't move something into a column, then your workflow has no transition from the current status to the target status, or there is a condition blocking the transition.  Either way, check the workflow.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Have you mapped any status into your new columns?  Columns without status are useless, so Jira hides them

Suggest an answer