Custom agile board columns not shown

We have an "agile board" (Rapid Board?) that our board administrator added additional columns to. These columns show up in the configuration for the board, but they are not being displayed in the "Work" view of the board. Is this a known bug? If not, what could be causing these columns to be omitted?

Update:

A potential hint is that the new columns do show up if there's an item in them, but empty columns are not shown.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi-

Have you mapped statuses to your rapid board? If you do not have statuses mapped to the columns the column will not show up in "work mode".

To map a status to your rapid board:

1. Open the board configuration screen

2. Go to the columns screen (second tab)

3. On the left you will see "unmapped statuses", drag a status to the additional column.

Even if you have statuses mapped to a column but 0 issues in that status, the column should show up in work mode.

Hope this helps!

Ha, looks like I entered my answer around the same time as yours. That is indeed the cause.

It seems that the cause may be that the columns are not tied to existing Jira statuses. We'll look into introducing new statuses, but since that would effect our whole "Project," not just our board, we have to get larger buy-in. Hopefully someone can give a different answer where we can less intrusively customize our board.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,221 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you