Add workflow when workflow is assigned to 2 projects

adrian.hills November 10, 2020

I am trying to change the workflow for a project however, the project currently shares a workflow with another project.

Because of this, the "Add Workflow" button doesn't work, and the workflow I want to change it to is not listed in the "switch schemes" list.

How do I un-assign the workflow it is currently using so I can change it to the new workflow?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Hi @adrian.hills 

You can not assign workflow to a project. Project is associated with workflow scheme. 

So, if you want to change the one of the project's workflow

• Go to Issues -> Workflows -> Workflow Schemes
  • Create a new workflow scheme
  • Assign the workflow and map the issuetypes
  • Go to the project and switch scheme with new one.

You can also check this KB.

adrian.hills November 12, 2020

Thanks Tansu,

Working with the Workflow Schemes was the key. Now I have all my projects with the same workflow.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

Hi Adrian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If the current shared workflow is similar to what you want to create, I would copy the current workflow and make changes to the copy. 

Go to Settings > Issues > Workflows

Find the workflow and click Copy. 

This will popup the new workflow where you can give it a new name and make your changes. 

This will put the new workflow in an Inactive Status.

Then you will need to create a new Workflow Scheme and attach the new Workflow to that scheme.

THEN go to the project and switch the Workflow Scheme over to the new Workflow Scheme that you created. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events