Add user with restricted permissions

Maryam Zolfaghar December 2, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are using JIRA Next Gen

Whenever we want to add a user, the default role is "admin" and cannot be changed as it is readonly and disabled.

Is this because we have not purchased the lisence or what?

If yes, where and how can we buy the license?

And anyone who logs in, it says you do not have "admin" previledge

In your site (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-Jira-Cloud-free-tier-be-used-for-commercial-purposes/qaq-p/1334297), you had said "Atlassian provides a fully functional server version of each Atlassian product for trial. What you use during your trial is what you'll be getting when you buy."

Please provide guidance.

Many thanks

Maryam

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hello @Maryam Zolfaghar,

From your question, my best guess is you are on a free plan currently or on an evaluation indeed.

To upgrade from free to a classic plan, you'll need to add billing details to your site. For all the details, see the Purchasing and licensing faq.

To be very specific on your question:

After you've created your cloud site, monthly payment details can be applied either from within the site itself by a Site Admin, or via the primary billing contact's my.atlassian.com account. Please note, PayPal accounts must be linked by a Site Admin from within the site itself. 

Via Cloud Site

Monthly payment details can be added from within the cloud site itself by a Site Admin. Once an Admin logs into the site, they'll navigate to Site Administration > Billing > Billing Details. Follow the on-screen instructions to add credit card details or link a PayPal account. 

Via my.atlassian.com

Alternatively, credit card details can be added via the primary billing contact's my.atlassian.com account by selecting the cloud site in question and clicking Provide Payment Details from the drop-down menu. Please note, PayPal accounts must be linked by a Site Admin from within the site itself. 

The last bit you quoted refers to the Atlassian server products, which is a different offering than Cloud. As you mention you are using Jira Next Gen, that statement is not relevant here as next gen only exists in the Cloud products.

Cloud has 4 different plans, with a different feature set between plans. Those features are listed on the public pricing page here

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events