Can Jira Cloud free tier be used for commercial purposes?

Daniel Vianna March 27, 2020

I know there is another topic, but the answers were very old.

Is this 10 user limit really free? can I use it for commercial purposes?

I could not find anything in the agreement

3 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2020

I'll respond because Jack asked me to, but Jack's answer is correct already ;)

Yes, you can use our Free Cloud sites for commercial purposes.  As others have mentioned, the major limitations are the number of users you can have, the amount of storage you have, AND all support for Free products is handled here in Community.  More details on how support differs can be seen in our Atlassian Support Offerings.  

I also recommend checking out an overview of the Free plans we offer for all Cloud products over in https://www.atlassian.com/software/free.  It also has some details on what you get when you choose a free plan.

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2020

yep. free to use as you see fit.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Atlassian and I have not read the licensing. If you are looking for an official answer please contact Atlassian Support.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

And lol, this is a circular loop. Free tier is not entitled to support; only from the community, so Atlassian Support will redirect the ticket back to the community ><

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2020

Oh yes of course my bad. 😂

I’m sure there are no restrictions for commercial use. Nonetheless, I will reach out to my Atlassian colleagues to see if they can respond here.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi @Daniel Vianna 

Well it is a free offering for you and your team to use with the limitations.

Ravi

Daniel Vianna March 27, 2020

Thank you Ravi

Is it illegal / or against the user agreement to have another account/domain with the same company email address,

example daniel@acmecompany.net has one account  

https://acme1.atlassian.net/

ravi@acmecompany.net has another account/domaint?

https://acme2.atlassian.net/

My company is a very small software/hardware for the entertainment industry and we got hit hard with revenue due to Corona Virus (it went to ZERO dollars). 

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2020

No, no restrictions here

Suggest an answer