Add more fields to one issue type

Neil Shah April 25, 2019

Hi, 

I have some additional fields which i would like to add to a project. 

However the project has different issue types e.g. bug, release, story, change request etc. 

I only need to add these fields in one issue type called change request and they should not show in the other issue types. 

How do I go about doing this?

Regards

Neil 

2 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

Hello @Neil Shah 

Just to add to the answer of @Vishwas , if the fields are custom fields, then make sure the fields have the right project context configured in the custom field configuration.

Basically it's called adding the right context to the custom field. As described here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver080/configuring-a-custom-field-967897356.html#Configuringacustomfield-contextContext

1 vote
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

@Neil Shah 

You need to configure Issue type screen scheme

First define a screen and add a fields that you intend to be part of change request. After that associate that screen with an issue type in that particular project. You will get a clear understanding about these when you refer the link that I have embedded above.

Suggest an answer