Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add additional Status Categories Edited

We have a complex global project and the current status categories are not working for us. We need to be able to add our own status categories. 

I would prefer not using a third party app to manage it but rather do it in JIRA.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The status categories are hard coded into Jira, you can't add more of them (I know someone who did it on Server, just added a fifth, and it broke in all sorts of interesting ways, because Jira is only coded to understand the standard four - eventually they gave in and realised "blocked" is the same as "in progress" even if it can't move)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

Hi @Adriaan Fourie , 

You can read all about this topic in this earlier question

The TLDR is; you can't
But there are mentions of alternatives in the linked thread, and the overal consensus is that you best use another for of categorization, besides the status categories. 

- Tessa

Thank you for the info.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

46 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you