Actually creating a workflow

kdarlow March 10, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to create/edit a workflow for a new project I created on my site.

Every time I try to copy and change a workflow...I see this message

Generated by JIRA Software version 1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT. This workflow is managed internally by Jira Software. Do not manually modify this workflow.

This makes it seem that I should not mess with that workflow...so then..how do I create and set up a new workflow for my project?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi @kdarlow  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project is it? 

Is this a Simplified Workflow? 

kdarlow March 10, 2021

It is, yes.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

If your intent is to just use this workflow with this project and not share the workflow with other projects, then, yes, you can modify the workflow as you need it to be for that project.  :-)

kdarlow March 19, 2021

Sorry for the delay in reply!

The overall situation is I am the admin for a new site and there will be 3 projects (immediately) with the idea that as time goes along, more teams within my organization will want to use it and more projects will be hosted.

Does that mean every time I create a new project on my site, Jira will generate an editable work flow that I can customize for that project?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2021

Yes, that is correct. 

Assuming you create the project from scratch and not based on an existing project. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events