Access level at project level vs organization level

Karthikeyan Subramanyan June 10, 2021

Hi Team,

I would like to know how do i restrict admin access for few team members only to the projects they are assigned to and not allow them to access all projects under the organization ? Meaning we changed a few members to administrator but they should not be able to view and edit other projects they are not assigned to.

Thanks in advance, Karthik. @G subramanyam  sir, tagged you if you can help.

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

You want to ensure they are Project admins and not system/Jira admins. This article might be helpful - how-do-jira-permissions-work 

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Karthikeyan Subramanyan welcome to the Atlassian community. I just saw your message, please pardon me with late reply.

What I understand from your query is "you want to restrict admins to access other projects". I assume "Admins" might be the "project admins" and not the "Jira admin" in your context. If that is the case, I would second to @Jack Brickey post and the link he shared. That would give you the needed details and steps.

Please stay safe and stay healthy.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

You cannot restrict a user who has been designated as a System/JIRA Administrator to have access only to selected projects.

What problem are you trying to solve by making these users System/JIRA Administrators if you want them to have access to limited projects?

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Karthikeyan Subramanyan , I believe what you're trying to achieve can be achieved through the use of Project Roles . Project Roles can be used to grant permissions at a project-level.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events