Access Advanced Roadmap Dates via API

Daniel Starkey March 16, 2021

Hi,

We have a number of plans in Jira using Advanced Roadmaps that rolls up issue start and end dates to provide a date for higher level issues.

We'd like to be able to access these aggregated dates via an API so that we can integrate with reports we have outside of Jira.

Is this something that's possible?

Thanks,

Dan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Daniel Starkey ,

Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment as those roll-up dates are only generated within a plan and not actually saved anywhere. We have considered whether or not this data should be persisted, but plans might only show a subset of work (resolved issues might not be in the plan, issues might be deliberately excluded or excluded as a result of filtering or release assignment). Therefore whilst it makes sense in the context of the plan it might not in a broader sense. One option does exist to use the bulk date assignment option which allows you to set the dates on the parent issues from the roll-up values - but that then becomes a manual effort to keep those values up-to-date with changes to the children.

Regards,

Dave

Daniel Starkey March 17, 2021

Thank you @Dave 

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

No worries @Daniel Starkey  - very happy to help!

jgarcia-glennie June 13, 2021

Thanks for the reply @Dave , may I please add my vote for having a way to access Roadmap rollup dates via the API? 

We're trying to use RM to give the business an easy way to visualize and prioritize theoretical future plans, and I was so excited to see that roll-ups were available; however I tried to see them under the covers and they turned out to be wistful rumors, they're not persisted anywhere...

We were trying to remove the manual nature of the date-keeping beast because the PMs might revolt.  It's rather laborious!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events