AUTOMATION, COPY THE SUBTASK TO THE ANOTHER PROJECT AND LINK IT WITH IT'S PARENT ISSUE

박보은 May 28, 2021

HELLO, I have a question about sub-task automation.

I already had made an automation that copys issue from project A to another project B and link(relate to) them each other(A and B).

1. Project A: Make "issue 1"

2. Project B: automatically make "clone-issue 1"

3. automatically relate "issue1(project A)" and "clone-issue 1(project B)"

And The question is

1. When I make a subtask in a issue1 (project A ), 

2. I want to automatically copy(clone) the clone-subtask in clone-issue 1(project B).

3. Of course the clone-subtask should have "clone-issue 1(project B)" as a parent.

Thank you.

Notes_210528_225307_1.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Bryan Tiang July 13, 2022

Hi there, is there a solution to this? I am experiencing the same situation as the original question!

I would like to be able to clone my subtasks from Project A to Project B (And all subsequent subtasks to be created in the future), while still maintaining hierarchy of the parent.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2021

If you're open to try a Marketplace app, you can have a look at our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

It is possible to clone and move issues including their subtasks and keep their hierarchy with our Jira cloud app.

Among other advanced cloning functions, you can even filter, which substaks you want to clone (e.g. only open subtasks).

You can automate cloning by

- Either creating a Deep Clone workflow post-function

- Or integrate it with Jira Automation

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us.

deep-clone_clone_subtasks.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

> When I make a subtask in a issue1 (project A ), I want to automatically copy(clone) the clone-subtask in clone-issue 1(project B).

Ok, then your automation or script should be triggered by "issue create"

> Of course the clone-subtask should have "clone-issue 1(project B)" as a parent.

How are you identifying the new parent issue?  You can't assume "if sub-task is on issue A-42, sub-task on B-42 - B-42 might not exist, or it might be numbered B-22 or B-213123".  You'll need to come up with a rule for finding the target and hope you can match them up!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events