A way to require confirmation when filling out task details?

Deleted user December 3, 2021

It doesn't seem like this feature exists already, but is there some way to require confirmation when you are finished filling out task details? The issue I'm running into is related to the fact that when you choose an assignee from the drop down, it automatically sends that person a notification. This becomes an issue when the wrong person is chosen by mistake. In order to avoid confusion, that person has to be notified immediately to ignore the notification. It doesn't help when team members have the same first name, and the drop down sometimes will auto-populate with a bit of a delay, making it even easier to select the wrong assignee from the list. Could the task detail menu function similar to when you edit the title of the task? In that case you are required to click the checkmark button to save the edits. A similar function for editing task details would really cut down on unnecessary confusion and frustration.

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Hey Andrew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The only think I can of is to add a transition screen to the Create transition that asks if everything is ready for create (or something to that effect) and add a Yes/No custom field. Then add a validator to the same transition that checks to make sure that the custom field value is Yes. 

0 votes
Deleted user December 3, 2021

Honestly, I think what I'm really looking for is simply a "save changes" button added to the interface. I'm assuming this would be a feature request.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

I wonder if you could address your use case by adding a checkbox to indicate when you're done entering the data, and to have the notification triggered when the checkbox is checked. You can see some details in this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/SOLVED-How-to-send-an-email-if-a-specific-checkbox-is-selected/qaq-p/597281

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events