• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problems with Requiring Time Spent on Status Transitions Edited

I have my sub-task workflow setup with a validator that requires Time Spent when transitioning between In Progress and Completed that launches a screen with the Log Work field. 

The scenario when someone enters a value for Time Tracking and attempts to make the transition from In Progress to Completed is problematic. The Log Work screen launches, but it doesn't pre-populate the Time Spent field with the value previously entered by the user.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.24.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.25.10 PM.png

I tried replacing the validator with a condition that checks that Time Spent !=0, but the user experience is less than ideal/not intuitive because the transition from In Progress to Completed isn't shown when the user clicks the status transition button. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.22.28 PM.png

Any ideas on how to set this up?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

159 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you