Need ability to restrict Move to specified status

Oleksandr Tynetalo December 17, 2019

User story:

Some developer create issue (Task) in some project. Transit it to In Progress status. He move this to some other project to some other issue type (like Deploy). And because In Progress status exist for Deploy flow - Jira does not ask user to choose target status, so it use In Progress

The problem is that the Deploy flow contain status Review and Approved before In Progress, so Lead should approve Deploy task before it can be transited to In progress. But using Move feature Developer can skip Approval step.

I have tried to find solutions in workflow properties, but docs does not provide any useful information (WorkflowBasedPermissionManager - does not exist anymore, For link permissions - 404)

We need some way to prevent users to move issue to In Progress status for Deploy flow, and do not provide users ability to choose target status (It would be great to make Open default target status during moving issues to Deploy type)

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

That being the case, I am afraid you are not going to be able to control that. :-(

0 votes
Oleksandr Tynetalo December 17, 2019

Hi John,
Sorry, bot no. Move feature skips any Screen, Validators and Conditions

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Oleksandr Tynetalo - my first thought is that you could put a transition screen on the Deploy flow for moving to that new status. But not sure what would actually happen during the Move function. You might want to try it out.

Suggest an answer