View and edit Confluence pages without leaving Jira issues

Hello!

My name is Danielle McAfee, and I’m in Product Marketing, working on integrations between Atlassian products.

We often hear from our customers about the value they get from collaborating on Confluence pages without leaving Jira—reducing manual context switching, which leads to feelings of disorganization. Integrations like Jira Project Pages and Confluence Smart Links in Jira make it easy to bring in important documentation to tasks and projects.

Today, I’m excited to announce that we’re adding to this integrated experience by having Confluence pages embedded on a Jira ticket. Instead of opening Confluence in a separate tab, which can take away your focus, Confluence pages will now pop up in a modal experience right from your Jira ticket, providing 1-click access to more context. This update will allow you to view and edit Confluence pages with the rich page editor directly within the Jira issue view.

Confluence EP in Jira issue.gif

If you would still like to view or edit the page on the Confluence instance, you can click to open Confluence in a new tab and continue to do so.

This is just the first of many improvements we’re committed to making to make your experience working in Jira and Confluence more seamless and embedded. We’re going to be rolling this out across the Jira family of products in the coming weeks.

Interested in learning more about using Confluence and Jira together? Check out details about the integration here.

- Danielle M, Product Marketing & Charissa Ong, Product Manager (@charong)

11 comments

Markus September 21, 2023

Love this!

Matt Richards September 21, 2023

This is great!

kjames_IFI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2023

This will definitely increase the adoption of Confluence amongst our development teams as it makes the experience more cohesive. 

Tim F September 21, 2023

nice!

Adam Dobson-White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2023

Thank you @Danielle McAfee

Great news! When can we expect this to land? I can see the modal view of the Confluence page, but not the edit button yet.

Thanks!

Nikki Zavadska [Appfire]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2023

Wow! Really!

charong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2023

Hi @Adam Dobson-White , we're expecting this to be 90% rolled out end of this month to JSW users, and to all of JIRA in the coming weeks.

Like Adam Dobson-White likes this
Margaret Clark September 24, 2023

This is great!! Will make it much easier to update those small things you need to whilst in sessions. Thanks Atlassian!!

Prerna Sony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2023

This is awesome!

AVB September 25, 2023

Hi @Danielle McAfee,

Could you tell me if it's valid only for Confluence Cloud or also for Confluence server instance?

Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2023

Hey Community! 👋 I'm Elsie, a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

It's been only a few months since we launched this new experience of viewing and editing Confluence pages without leaving your Jira issue, and hundreds of thousands of you are already using the integration to get context behind your tasks and projects – whether it's looking at product requirements, project plans, or other essential docs.

Given your incredible response, I'm super excited to announce that by end of year, you'll not only be able to view + edit existing Confluence pages, but also create brand new pages without leaving your Jira issue!

Check out this announcement for more details and a sneak peek at the experience 👀[Issue View M2] Admin Newsletter Asset.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events