Take control of your inbox with new ways to manage Jira notifications

29 comments

Morten Lund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

As someone who is the reporter of hundreds of tickets that I don't interact with or solve myself. This watching+assignee+reporter grouping is absolutely insane.. If I want notifications to issues that I'm watching or assigned to, I'll have to receive EVERYTHING that I'm also a reporter on. For the love of god, do you even use your own product?

Like • Walter Lamm likes this
guillet_marion April 25, 2024

As this feature will probably remain, given all our messages here remains without answer, the solution I now use is rules on my email box where i automatically delete jira emails which contains specific words such as the move of a ticket from one specific status to another one.
I know this is far from ideal, but it might help some of you.

(Alas, this is not optimal for the planet either, considering the pollution induced by each email)

Laurent Buset
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

Thank you @Adarsh Singh Maheshwar for this new opportunity.

However, for us, the issue lies more in the content (subject and body) of the email than in the trigger for sending it. That’s why we use JETI, which provides the possibility to create custom templates.

Like • Attila Bódis likes this
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

More articulated thoughts here, but, does feel like another one of those times when Atlassian decides to move heaven and earth to resolve one snippet of uncontextualized feedback without understanding the product, how it's used, or the ramifications of their "fix".

Whoever is wishing on a monkey paw for Jira improvements, again, I do very much appreciate the sentiments but please stop. Team-managed projects was bad enough.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events